Job Title: Bioinformatic Specialist (BS)
Number of positions: 01
Status: Open until BS recruited.
The Bioinformatic Specialist is responsible for managing and analyzing large-scale genomic data generated by high-throughput sequencing technologies. He/She will work closely with customers (most of them are researchers) to provide comprehensive bioinformatics analysis, interpret results, and support research projects.
- Analyze and process large-scale genomic data sets generated by various sequencing platforms such as Illumina, PacBio, and Nanopore.
- Perform quality control checks, including data preprocessing, filtering, and assessing data quality, to ensure accuracy and reliability of data analysis.
- Align sequencing reads to a reference genome, perform genome assembly and annotation, and identify genetic variants (SNPs, InDels, Structural Variants, etc.) using various bioinformatics tools and pipelines.
- Interpret biological significance of identified genetic variants and generate reports to support research projects.
- Work closely with customers (researchers) to understand project requirements, provide customized data analysis, and support experimental design.
- Manage and maintain data analysis pipelines, databases, and annotation tools.
- Stay current with latest bioinformatics analysis tools and techniques and implement them in analysis workflows.
- Participate in research discussions, present research findings, and contribute to manuscript preparation.
Qualifications: (updated on May 4th 2023)
- Master’s degree in bioinformatics or genomics or biology or related fields.
- Experienced in working with large-scale genomic datasets and relevant analysis tools and pipelines.
- (plus point but not required) Proficient in programming languages such as Python, R, and/or Perl and familiar with Unix/Linux operating systems.
- (plus point but not required) Familiarity with databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MongoDB and experience with cloud-based computing platforms such as AWS or GCP is an advantage but not required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with research teams and present complex data analysis results.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- The Bioinformatic Specialist will work at LOBI office in Hanoi
- This job may require working outside of normal business hours, depending on project timelines and deadlines.
- Salary: upon interview
- Please submit CV to email@example.com
- Any questions please contact to hotline/Zalo 092.510.8899